Campaigns for Constituency elections are expensive and hard work, we need money and volunteers to get the best result we can this November in Manchester. So far we have raised [show_ourprogress] of the [show_ourprogress_target] that we need to make a real impact in this election. If you can help us out, please do put some money into our bank account or use the donate button on the right. We will use as much of any money raised as possible on the election in Manchester. Should we raise more than we can spend, we will set it aside for future Manchester elections and other Manchester campaigns. Information about the rules relating to donations to political parties in the UK is available in full from the Electoral Commission, and you can find our terms and conditions on the Pirate Party UK website.
What we use your money for:
- We spend just under £1 to produce an ‘issue poster’ for the party.
- We spend less than £5 a month to keep this site active and on the web.
- It costs us £10 to produce 500 letters or targeted leaflets to deliver to people in Manchester.
- We will spend £500 on the deposit to stand a candidate in this election (although we intend to get it back..)
- It will cost us around £1,500 to produce the letters needed contact every voter in Manchester using the election mail out.
- We will spend £1000 to produce and deliver additional information about Loz and the Pirate Party to people in Manchester.
What we need your help with:
Whilst we have a small dedicated team in Manchester, as well as a good number of members, we need people to get involved in this campaign. There are lots of things you can help with and any help is appreciated. We need volunteers that will help with the following:
- Tell people about the Party and why they should vote for Loz!
- Help running stalls, we need you to tell others why you support Loz and the Pirate Party, helping out at a stall is a great way to do that.
- Canvass with us, we always knock on doors and we always talk to people, the more of us there are doing it, the more people we can make contact.
What we have spent money on so far:
|Item(s) Purchased for the Campaigns¹||Cost (or estimate)||Date³||Party/Candidate Spending||Supplier|
|(p) Provision of manchester.pirateparty.org.uk²||£2.00||01st August – 15th November 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK Volunteers|
|(p) Technical services (beyond normal op’s)||£50.00||01st August – 15th November 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK Volunteers|
|Phone service and calls (01619875944)||£1.22||01 August – 01 September 2012||Candidate||Andrews & Arnold|
|(p) Leaflet Design||£187.70||7th September 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK Volunteers|
|(p) 300x Printed Posters (Vote Loz)||£102.11||11th September 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK|
|(p) 1000x Printed Leaflets (General)||£30.00||14th September 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK|
|(p) 10x Printed Posters (Issue Posters)||£10.00||22nd September 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK|
|Envelopes||£0.97||22nd September 2012||Candidate||Tesco|
|(p) 600x Printed Leaflets (Manchester)||£18.00||22nd September 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK|
|(p) Video Production²||£345.00||27th September 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK Volunteers|
|(p) 500x Printed Leaflets (Manchester)||£15.00||27th September 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK|
|Phone service and calls (01619875944)||£1.28||01st September – 01 October 2012||Candidate||Andrews & Arnold|
|Phone service and calls (01619875944)||£1.39||01 October -15 November 2012||Candidate||Andrews & Arnold|
|13,000x Printed Leaflets (Manchester)||£390.00||10 October – 10 November||Candidate||Pirate Party UK|
|(p) 500x Printed Leaflets (Miles Platting)||£15.00||3rd October 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK|
|(p) 500x Printed Leaflets (Ancoats)||£15.00||3rd October 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK|
|(p) Pages on Pirateparty.org.uk||£0.01||8th October – 15th November 2012||Candidate||Pirate Party UK Volunteers|
|Postage||£1.20||13th October 2012||Candidate||Royal Mail|
|5x MiniDV Tape||£19.99||16th October 2012||Candidate||Jessops|
|23,000x Issues Leaflets||£785.00||31st October 2012||Candidate||Visual Print|
|737,000 Election Communications||£995.00||31st October 2012||Candidate||Visual Print|
|Folding for 737000 EC’s||£442.20||31st October 2012||Candidate||Visual Print|
|Paper Spray Glue||£8.49||02nd November 2012||Candidate||Fred Aldous|
We have had a total of £115 in donations to the Manchester campaign.